A Guided Approach to Profitability in Challenging Times for Business Owners
Sometimes to get ahead, first you need to go back to the basics.
Business owners, particularly those in Alberta, are facing monumental hurdles and challenges that have not been experienced in decades. The question for many once prosperous companies – and the question you may be asking yourself today – is how to survive and be profitable in our weakened economy.
This Back to Basics Program gives business owners a guided, hands-on approach to accurately assess the health of their business and identify opportunities to improve profitability and cash flow in the midst of these challenging times. Rooted in business fundamentals, the program digs down to reveal the basic numbers behind your business and the story those numbers are telling you. From there, we can see the options available to regain financial stability.
Knowledge is empowering. This program is driven by the real numbers behind your business. It is designed to give owners clarity, new perspective and insights on the realities of the business – strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement. You’ll come away not only with the tools to move forward but also the confidence to make informed decisions and changes.
Back to Basics Program Modules
The Back to Basics Program is a collaborative effort between you (the owner and expert in your business) and me (the business advisor and external CFO) working through these seven modules:
- Understanding Your Business Today
- Assessing the Financial Health of Your Business
- What are You Trying to Achieve: Vision, Goals and Objectives
- Strategies to Improve the Profitability of Your Business
- Improving Your Cash Flow
- Developing Your Action Plan
- 90-Day Follow Up
Who is the program for?
This program is designed for owners who play an active role in their business and:
- Are not satisfied with their current level of profits and cash flow.
- May be struggling to keep the business stable in the midst of current economic realities.
- Want clarity when interpreting the financial performance of their business.
- Want a better understanding of the connection between the financial results and the activities needed to impact those results.
- Are open to improving their business by making changes backed by sound financial reason and planning.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to discovering how small, incremental changes in just four critical areas can have a profound effect on your bottom line, you will arrive at a plan to improve your business that you can implement immediately. You will also:
- Gain a greater understanding of the financial health of your business.
- Develop a strategy backed by sound financial analysis to improve your profits and cash flow.
- Create an action plan that is focused on attainable results.
- Have the confidence to make decisions and changes that can move your business forward to new healthy ground.